Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things have changed...again!


Well, we went from empty nesters back to a full nest.  Madison and her family recently returned home and are living with  us.  No one ever realizes how much stuff they really have until they move.   It's almost been a week now since they got here and we're still finding places to put things.  The job for Tone didn't work out so he's here trying to do the same thing he did there.   He'll do it.  Patience is the key.  It's fun to have the baby girls around.  Bailey is a riot.  She is one goofy girl plus she is so low key.  She finds lots of things to entertain herself with and she's happy.  Jordan is a goof too.  She said she had to move because of the bees (long story...their apartment was infested with them right before they left) and the bees went night-night.  The other day she did say she wanted to go to her apartment though which made me sad because she doesn't understand yet what moving means.  One thing I don't want her to quit doing is calling me "Nana In Texas" which actually sounds like "nanatexas".   Don is loving that Madison is here because she cooks for him.  I use to.  Doesn't that count for something?  Madison is a good cook and she loves it so, go for it, I say!  I'm loving that Mad is here too.  Now Chris just has to apply to Baylor and get accepted then Tatiana and the boys will be here too...maybe just not all in the same house...ahhhhhhh!!!  That's not for another two years.  I think Mad will be in their own place by then.    

It's so cute when I call Tatiana and talk to Bryson.  Usually he starts out "Hi Nana. What you doing?"  Now it's, "I wanna go your house...hi Nana".  Jaxon is finally starting to talk on the phone now.  Before I would call him the heavy breather but now he's trying to have a conversation....along with the heavy breathing.  They are such sweet boys.  I get to have them for a week in July!  It will be crazy fun.  

So, here are a few pictures from the last two months...

Jaxon put on Bryson's backpack which was almost bigger that him but he was walking around with it like he was a big boy.  I have another picture that shows him reading books with the pack on.  I like this one because of the way he's leaning on Tatiana.  

This is at Madison's apartment.  Jaxon loved Jordan's horse.  Don't you love this smile?

Aw..look at his face?!  After the baptism we went to eat and Bryson wanted to come with me.  I was with my sister, Debbie, but I didn't know the car seat wasn't in tight enough and we made a quick turn and in the back I heard this little voice say "uh oh nana, uh oh".  I turned to find Bryson like this!  It made me cry and laugh at the same time.  His little trusting eyes just looking at me...it's making me cry again.  Of course being the nana that I am, I had to take a picture.  I wouldn't have taken it if we weren't in the parking lot already.  

My Aunti Dora turned 75 and she had a birthday party.  My cousin, Carlos, cooked some yummy meat while everyone stood around and watched.  My  uncle, and three other cousins are in this picture too.  We were all close growing up and now I don't get to see them as often especially living in Texas.  When I go back to AZ, I get excited when we have a family thing to go to so I can see all my cousins.  Aunti Dora likes to dance so they had the mexican music going but we had to leave before the whole thing really got started.  And, dopey me, didn't even get a picture of Aunti Dora!!  

Isn't he a stud muffin?!  He was carrying around this punching balloon around his wrist.  I can just here him say, "oh my badoon!"  As Tatiana and Chris would say, his hat is sick!

My Aunti Dora's (and cousin Carlos) neighbor have this bull which Jaxon thought was the coolest thing.  He was talking to the bull and just laughing.  Jordan in the picture below, thought the bull was funny because he was making noises.  Bryson didn't want anything to do with the big guy.

 Jaxon is a climber and he hopped right on this quad wanting Bailey to hop on too.  He's not afraid of anything.  Matter of fact neither is Bailey!  

Bailey is officially a rock sucker!  Every time we looked at her something was in her mouth...rocks!  I'm pretty sure she's showing me her favorite one.  She got Jaxon hooked too.

THEN IT WAS OFF TO THE GAME...

Chris finally has some home games.  Don and I made the trip over there especially to watch him play.  The weekend was packed and the games were our highlight.   They didn't win any matches, maybe one set, but it was fun to watch.   Three days of volleyball...fun stuff!! 

One of my favorite pictures is Bryson watching his daddy play volleyball.  I love the concentrating look on his face.  This kid knows his stuff.  I don't know what he's going to love more, basketball or volleyball.  Either way, he always carries a ball around with him.  He sometimes even sleeps with one.  I've seen him sleep with a basketball before.  

*****

The kids and Don playing outside...my parents had a big box I cleaned out so the kids can play in...boxes are always the coolest toys..especially the big ones!
The twins always have fun together.  Probably because they are two peas in a pod.  Cute!

Trying to get all the great-grandkids together for a picture usually doesn't happen...someone is always looking in a different direction.  Of course the babies are going to have the hardest time sitting still.  By the time I get them to look the big ones have lost interest.  Jelia tries to help..It was a good try...again.

Bryson and Jaxon had fun with Don playing basketball.  Don had them hanging on the rim after their slam dunk.  I always had a hoop to shoot baskets when I was growing up so I was glad when my dad put this one in the back yard when my nephews were younger.  Bryson loves to "shoot da ball".  

3 comments:

MM said...

Fun Times! Life keeps things interesting, doesn't it? I hope to see Madison soon. ;)

Tatiana said...

Those are such cute pictures. I stole some from you

Stefanie said...

How GREAT that they are back here! Now if you can just get those other grandbabies here things would be PERFECT!