Sunday, April 4, 2010

Phoenix, Tatiana's Baby Shower and Easter


Did I ever tell you I have the best daughters?  This year for an early Mother's Day gift, each one bought me a one way ticket to Phoenix.  Tatiana was in need of a mommy-fix and planned to have her baby shower while I was there so she and Madison talked it out and worked to surprise me with the trip.  I also needed a little break so it worked out perfectly.  I left last Wednesday and got back last night.  It was a great trip.  Chris and his dad worked on one of the bedrooms to make it into the baby's room.  It turned out really good!  They got it painted a couple of weeks ago so while I was there Tatiana and I worked on some little things for the room.  It's going to look really nice when it gets completely done.  I'll let Tatiana post pictures of the room and blog about it. It is so nice in AZ this time of year!  The smell alone is unbelievable...citrus blossoms, honeysuckle and whatever else was smelling so yummy...I love it!  It's my favorite time of year in AZ.  I loved walking out of Tatiana's house and having the citrus smell hit me.  Then, walking up to my parent's front door and having the honeysuckle hit you there is the best.  You can't beat that anywhere!  And it was so cool in the evenings.  The days weren't that bad either.

The first Saturday I was there, Tatiana had the baby shower.  Her friend Chelsey and sister-in-law, Ally, gave her the shower.  Not too many people showed but that was probably because it was a brunch and it started early.  The food was delicious and the girls worked hard in making it.  So, those that missed it....you really missed out!  Tatiana got some really cute things for the baby.  It was fun seeing her face light up with the cute little girl things.



We caught a Cubs game and a t-ball game in the same week!  The boys thought going to the baseball game was big stuff.  It really was!  We had fun and it was a beautiful day.


Since I was leaving the day before Easter, we got together with Malia and her fam at my parent's house to color eggs.  I LOVE coloring eggs!  It's so funny how when the kids are so little they think that all they have to do it throw the egg into the dye it call it good.  They don't know what that cracking sound means.  They don't know that you can't stick your hand in the dye to get your egg out or that you can't put two eggs in the same cup because the dye will spill all over the place...or that you don't have to stir the water a zillion times so that the egg will get dye on it.  They just know that it's FUN and that they get to have pretty COOL looking eggs when they're all done.



The boys love to play in the irrigation.  The water was freezing and the morning was pretty chilly but these faces didn't care...well, maybe Jaxon cared in the second picture. 


At the baby shower, we made flower clips for the baby.  This picture was so good of my mom, I had to show it off.

We drove to Buckeye, AZ to help a lady that my mom visit teaches. On the way back, and after my mom giving some family history in Buckeye, we were driving, and all of the sudden my mom says, "that's where my dad went to school".  This is the Liberty, AZ school house where my grandfather went to school.  It was built in 1910.


My mom and I were moving around some boxes in the storage barn and she has this old wheelchair that everyone likes to play with.  Everyone took turns at a ride.  Jelia even pushed me and Jaxon around but I wasn't about to let anyone take a picture of that!  


Baby Phoenyx is getting so big!


Fun stuff!  


Ta-da!

This is the day I left.  She dropped some just in the week I was there!

Bailey and Jordan colored their eggs this morning.  I think a lot of Bailey's eggs cracked...she had a good time!  We had their Easter egg hunt with them this afternoon and I took pictures of them in their Easter dresses that they'll get to wear next Sunday to church.  We didn't watch much of general conference today but luckily I was able to record them.  The Morman Tabernacle Choir, on "The Spoken Word" sang "The Halleluia Chorus" and what a powerful song that it.  We normally hear it at Christmas time but I think it was really written for Easter...I'll have to check on that.  The one thing that I really wanted to do while I was in AZ was to go the Easter Pageant.  I missed it.  We did go by the temple and just the stage alone is massive.  Maybe next year.


Hmm...what was the favorite color of the day?

Easter dresses!  The cute thing about this is when Bailey sat down, she put her arm around Jordan and posed.  

No comments: