Ok so these are in no order because I'm tired but I will try to explain each picture to give you some sense of where I was.

This is in Nauvoo at the Community Theater. This is the upstairs dance hall where Joseph Smith loved to have dances. The floor is original and very creeky and very cool. Up in the balcony is where the brass band would be. They had dances every Saturday. This place is not very big. I can imagine how hot it would be in the summer with all the people in there. Our Stake dances are extremely hot and we have A/C!!!! Still, it was neat to imagine Joseph and Emma dancing here. I told all the youth to grab a partner and start dancing but they just looked at me like I was crazy! The nerve!

A few of the leaders got to attend a session at the Temple one morning. I was so excited!!! But you know what was really bad...I had a hard time keeping my eyes open! That is until I walked into the Celestial Room...all I said was WOW! I could have stayed in there all day long and not have fallen asleep. It truly is a beautiful Temple.

All the windows that I saw, I was able to look out of which I thought was unusual. A cool thing for me was I was able to go to the top floor and look out one of the star windows...as much as I could because they are stained glass. Did I say wow already?? I was just in awe of this amazing Temple that was rebuilt as the saints built it long ago.

I thought I'd throw in a picture of me. I don't like pics of me anymore because my chub is back but oh well. It's me.

Our YW Stake president, Jean Bavender, secretary Kris Palmer, me and YW S counselor and head honcho of this trip, Laura Asay. This is lunch at Far West. We mostly had lunch of cold sub sandwiches, chips and fruit which the kids hardly ate, and PBJs. This is a crazy bunch of women!! I had fun getting to know them better on this trip.
1 comment:
What GREAT pictures and experience! I wished I was able to go. Maybe next time.
Post a Comment