Thursday, February 11, 2010

In Alaska and Oregon...yes..but Texas?

Early this morning I heard the usual sounds of Bailey crying, little feet running and my door opening.  I was reading my e-mails in bed but as soon as the door opened I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.  Bailey usually gets a book and climbs onto the bed so we can read.  But that didn't happen this morning...I heard the usual sounds but this time Jordan came running into the room telling me to get up it's snowing outside.  I thought ya right. So I said "oh really" and she said "yes lots and lots of snow. get up". Bailey still had her book because she doesn't really know what snow is yet.  I got up. We all got dressed at 8 this morning and made a quick snowman.  Antonio made a snow angel, Jordan couldn't figure it out, Scruffs ran around like crazy, Bailey did not want to be bundled up.  We tried to teach Jordan and Bailey about a snowball fight which they finally got when they ambushed Madison as she walked out the door.  Its night now and it has not quit snowing all day.  The news said Terrell should get close to 8 inches (ok this is a lot for us).  Here at our house we have around 4 to 5 inches so far.  It's been a fun day watching the snow fall.  I love how peaceful it is.  I remember living in Alaska and sitting outside on our igloo bench and just listening...there wasn't a sound.  Everything is white and quiet here in our little area of Poetry, Texas.


This is a stroller that's been left on the table outside.  Taken at 8 this morning...it is now completely covered.  I did take a picture but I might post more tomorrow.





Jordan's big snowball



I threw a snowball at Don and Jordan ran right in the line of fire and I pegged her in the face.  Here she is getting me back.

Notice the huge snowball flying over Madison's head.
Our neighbor's tree
We drove to Rockwall and was going to go the movies but decided against it. I noticed that these bushes looked like cotton.
See the red speck?
Going for a walk on the street on the side of the house.

The creek that runs (when it rains) at the back of our property.  This should be frozen by morning...so they say.

No comments: